An individual who has earned their massage therapy degree uses specialized touch in order to manipulate the superficial and deeper layers of muscle on a patient’s body. This helps heal their patients or provide them with pain or stress relief.
If you are interested in earning your massage therapy degree, then one of the things that you may be curious about is what kind of a salary you can expect to earn once you have earned your massage therapy degree.
How much will I earn as a massage therapy school graduate?
Once you have completed massage therapy school you can expect to earn a salary of $ 34,000.
There are several factors that will affect your salary as a massage therapy school graduate, including where you are working, the hours that you work, your years of experience, and your geographic location.
Some additional career facts about working as a massage therapy school graduate:
• Most massage therapy school programs last for approximately two years.
• In addition to earning your massage therapy degree, many places will also require that you earn your license. This will consist of having worked a certain number of hours under the supervision of a licensed massage therapy school graduate, as well as passing a written test, which will be based on things you will have learned in your massage therapy school courses.
• As a massage therapy school graduate you will be able to offer your patients a variety of different types of massage, depending on which massage therapy courses you have taken. Some types of massage therapy that you will be able to take massage therapy courses on include: hot stone massage, Swedish massage, and deep tissue massage. Throughout your career you will also be able to take additional massage therapy courses in order to learn additional methods. This may help you to earn more money when working as a massage therapy school graduate.
• The hours you will work as a massage therapy school graduate will vary greatly depending on where you are working. You should expect to work evenings and weekends, however, as those are the times that most of your patients will be looking for massages.
• Someone who has earned their massage therapy degree can be found working inspas, holistic healing centres, physiotherapy clinics, fitness centres, and even in healthcare facilities.
• Many individuals who have completed massage therapy school choose to open their own business, or work on a freelance basis. If you are interested in going this route, then you may want to consider taking some marketing or business courses in addition to your massage therapy degree.
• The career prospects for individuals who have completed massage therapy school are currently quite strong. This is due to the fact that many individuals are looking for more holistic healing as opposed to typical western medicine, which leads to them trying things such as the services that a massage therapy school graduate offers.